What is the Campus Residences Student Advocate?
The Campus Residences Student Advocate is a resource for you created to assist you with a problem you have been unable to resolve through the proper channels. The advocate is a professional staff member working for the Division of Campus Residences and has far reaching involvement in all departments within the Division.
What are the duties of the Campus Residences Student Advocate?
The Campus Residences Student Advocate is another component of the residential support system which consists of your…
- Resident Assistant
- Residence Hall Director
- Quad Office Service Manager
- Quad Director
- Campus Residences Central Office Staff
The Student Advocate knows the "big picture" of Campus Residences and can help with problem-solving from a perspective different from other members of the support team.
Some duties include:
- Listening to you as you express your concerns
- Helping you navigate Campus Residences resources
- Providing information to you that will assist you in the process of problem solving
- Referring you to counselors, Student Health Services, Student Affairs, other Campus Residences staff, or the Ombuds Office when appropriate.
When would you contact the Campus Residences Student Advocate?
The Student Advocate can be contacted concerning any residential issue that was not resolved through other Campus Residences resources. Part of the responsibilities of the Student Advocate is to help the you navigate Campus Residences, so if it is an issue that can be handled more effectively by an RA or Quad Office Service Manager, the Student Advocate will help guide you to that resource.
Who is the Campus Residences Student Advocate and how do I contact him?