WO/MEN'S GENDER & RESOURCE CENTER - INTERNSHIPS
Undergraduate Year–Long Internship: WST 488:11
The Wo/Men's & Gender Resource Center offers undergraduates the opportunity to participate in 120 hours of service per semester (3 credits each semester). Interns participate in a variety of activities, including:
- Help planning and implementing Wo/Men's & Gender Resource Center Events
- Attending weekly planning meetings
- Collaborating with the other Center for Prevention and Outreach departments on projects, events and groups
- Researching topics related to the Center's work
- Promoting the Wo/Men's & Gender Resource Center
- Engaging in social activism on campus and in the surrounding community
- Holding office hours in the Wo/Men's & Gender Resource Center library
What you need to apply:
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Completion of 69 credits
Applications for internships beginning in the Fall semseter must be submitted before the end of the prior Spring semester. Applications for internships beginning in the Spring semester must be submitted before the end of the prior Fall semester.
Submit an application to the Internship Coordinator Chris Tanaka. Be sure to include your contact information so you can be notified if selected for an interview.
For more information contact: Colleen Wallahora, Women's Studies Program (631) 632–9176 or Chris Tanaka at the Wo/Men’s & Gender Resource Center (631) 632–9666, fax (631) 632–1766.