WHAT YOU CAN DO
- Show You Care - Ask questions, show your genuine interest and concern
- Ask about Depression and Suicide
- Talking about suicide does not increase risk, it's OK to be direct
- Get Help - Know the resources on campus and how to access them
Common symptoms of depression include:
- Sadness or "down" mood
- Loss of interest or pleasure in usual activities
- Poor appetite or overeating
- Sleeplessness or sleeping too much
- Feelings of worthlessness, self-hatred, or guilt
- Feeling tired or having little energy
- Moving or speaking very slowly, or the opposite, being fidgety or restless.
- Thoughts of being better off dead or of hurting oneself in some way.