Choosing Health Options In the Campus Environment Peer Education Internship consists of two semesters totaling six upper-division credits, offered by the Center for Prevention and Outreach (CPO) through the Health and Wellness Living Learning Center.
CHOICE Course Identification: 1084-LHW-488-Sect.02 – 55497
Prerequisites: Interview and Instructor approval required prior to enrollment.
CHOICE Peer Ed Internship offers both education and outreach skills building related to physical health and wellness.
- Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drug (ATOD) Use, Abuse, Dependency, and Recovery
- Sexual Violence/Sexual Assault
- Safer Sex, Contraception
- Cancer Risk Awareness
- Healthy Lifestyle CHOICES
CHOICE Peer Ed provides an interactive experiential learning environment where SBU students learn:
- Latest research about college students Binge Drinking and Health Risks with ATOD
- Acquaintance Rape/Sexual Violence
- Planning and Implementing Campus Outreach Programs
- Theory of Change Model
- Bystander Intervention skills
- Brief Motivational Interviewing
- Focus Group Techniques and Marketing Skills
For more information, please contact Kathleen (Kate) Valerio, CPO Peer Education Program Coordinator at Kathleen.firstname.lastname@example.org.